My best friend wanted to celebrate her birthday in Nashville, Tennessee no matter what. As everyone knows, I quit my job almost two months ago so I’m very cautious on how I spend my money, but when it comes to traveling, it’s impossible to say no. So the idea (not very bright) that occurred to me was to visit the city for only 24 hours. This way I could save money by not staying at a hotel and how much can someone spend in one day, right?
Driving to Nashville was not an option as the trip is more than 10 hours. So I went ahead and checked the plane tickets. Roundtrip from TPA to BNA was $ 75 with Spirit Airlines. But, as I told you before, buying the tickets directly at the airport is cheaper so I went there to save some money.
The total price for the trip was $38!
The airport in Nashville is not that close to the city, so an Uber / Lyft / Taxi would charge a minimum of $ 30. I looked at the airport page to find out about transportation options and I saw information about Bus # 18. This bus is public transportation from the city and they only charge you $2 to downtown. If you are going to choose this option, just follow the signs “ground transportation / buses” and there will be the station. In that area there are employees who can help you if you have questions.
I created an itinerary for this trip, but I think we visited 2 things out of the list. There were so many people, everything was new and time was limited, so we went aimlessly, entering places that caught our attention and basically, enjoying the moment. We arrive at 11 a.m. on Saturday and continue without sleep or rest until 7 a.m. on Sunday.
Which places we visited in those 24 hours?
Bars (@ Broadway)
- Tootsie’s Orchid Lounge
- The Stage on Broadway
- Big Shotz
- Honky Tonk Central
- Nudie’s Honky Tonk
Party (Printers Alley) – Everything closes at 3:00 am
- Snitch- Nice club with live music. They play pop music and serve nice drinks.
- Dirty Little Secret- Nightclub with hip hop music. Fancy decor, nice-looking people.
- Music City Chicken Co- Good fried chicken and not expensive. If you go with someone, share one plate as they serve a lot.
- Sun Diner- We went there as it’s open 24 hours. The food is good, the environment is party as everyone is having fun and they even have loud music.
- Well Coffeehouse- I always have to visit a local coffee shop when I travel. This place was nice and had good prices.
- John Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge
- Broadway & we also walked from the 1st to the 5th ave.
- The Gulch (neighborhood)
- The Hermitage Hotel (famous for their bathroom)
What did I do for my outfit?
I was wearing a black sweater, jeans and black boots. The sweater had some glitter details so I turned it upside down for the day to be solid black, and at night I put it on as it is with the sparkle. I travelled with a small backpack and I put there a vest to wear at night. I also included perfume, deodorant, wipes, makeup, lotion, portable battery and some pills in case I had a headache.
Now the question is, would I visit Nashville again?
YES! But with more time and I would rent a car so that way I’ll be able to explore more of the city as they have wineries, parks, hiking trails, distilleries, and much more.
If you are planning on going and need a personalized trip, I’m your gal! Just send me a message.